10 ounces Mexican pork Chorizo, casing removed
1 small white onion, small dice
1 small jalapeño, minced
1 pound Klondike Goldust™ potatoes, washed, diced
Black ground pepper
• Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Allow to boil until just cooked through. Allow the potatoes to drain and lightly pat dry.
• Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Chorizo, breaking up the sausage chunks with a wooden spoon. Cook until done, about 7-10 minutes.
• Use a slotted spoon to remove the Chorizo to paper towel-lined plate. Allow the excess fat to drain.
• In the same skillet, drain off all but 1 tablespoon of Chorizo fat, sauté the onion and jalapeño over medium heat until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
• Add the cooked potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes, allowing them to brown and even get crispy.
• Stir the Chorizo into the onion and potatoes. Serve with corn tortillas or Mexican bolillos.