- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
1/2 pound bacon chopped
4 cups chopped Klondike GoldustTM Potatoes
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 large onion peeled and chopped
1 cup cream
1/2 cup chopped chives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauce pan on the stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, place the potatoes, chicken stock and onion in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the pureed potato mixture to the cooked bacon. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for an additional 5 minutes or until the potatoes have cooked.
- Add the cream at the very end to help thin out the soup.
- Divide the soup between six bowls, sprinkle with freshly chopped chives and shredded cheddar cheese. Serve with artisan bread and enjoy!