- 1 Cup very smooth Klondike Goldust® mashed Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 6-8 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 cup Klondike Goldust®, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the potatoes, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and sea salt until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder and nutmeg and mix well.
- Divide in half, wrap each half in cling wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Working one half at a time, roll out into a thin circle between sheets of wax paper.
- Turn 1 half into a 9″ pie plate. Reserve the other half for the top of the pie.
- In a large mixing bowl add the apples, potatoes and lime juice. Toss to coat fruit and potatoes completely.
- Add flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. Toss to coat the fruit and potatoes.
- Transfer the filling to the pie shell and dot with butter.
- Cover the pie with the top pie crust and seal the edges of the pie. Cut a steam vent in the top of the crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and into a 350°F oven.
- Cook the pie for 1 hour or until the filling has come to a boil and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.