- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup Klondike Goldust® potatoes, riced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. lemon extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Put the sugar, butter, shortening, potatoes, flour, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Cream ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, and lemon extract, and mix together for 3 more minutes. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans, and pour the batter into them evenly.
- Place the cake into a 325°oven for approximately 45 minutes. Baking times may vary depending on your oven. The cake is fully cooked when a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
- Remove the cakes from the oven; all them to cool completely in the pans.
- One the cakes have cooled, remove from the pans. Decorate the cake as desired and enjoy.