- 6 Klondike Goldust® potatoes
- 3 Portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 ¼ cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice potatoes approximately 1/8 inch thick. Place one layer of potatoes in overlapping rows in the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Season potatoes lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sliced mushrooms and about 2 tbsp. cheese over potatoes. Repeat until you are out of potatoes (or room in the pan.)
- Pour half of the cream over the potatoes. Using your hands press down on the potatoes to settle them into the pan. Add the remaining cream. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese (about ½ cup).
- Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 1 hour.
- To check the doneness of the gratin, insert a knife into the middle. If it goes in and out smoothly it is done. Remove the foil and return to the oven under the broiler just long enough to brown the top. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving