- 5 fresh mixed peppers
- 1 lb. onions
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lb. Klondike Goldust® Potatoes
- 1 ½ C. heavy cream
- ¾ C. whole milk
- 3 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Roast the peppers over gas burners or under broiler. Skins will turn black. Immediately plunge into ice water. Peel off black skins. Remove stem and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Slice onions into thin julienned strips. Cook with 1 tsp. salt and the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté until golden brown. Stir in all but ½ cup of the roasted peppers. Heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Using a mandolin or knife, cut potatoes into thin slices. Layer the potatoes, onions, peppers, and cheese in the greased baking dish. Heat cream, milk, and 1 tsp. salt in a saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Pour over layered potatoes. Sprinkle the reserved peppers on top. Bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.