- ½ pound bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed (can use canned corn)
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle chili in adobo sauce, pureed
- ½ C. flour
- 2 cups cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 large Klondike Red, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Drain, Set aside.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces. In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towel. Discard all but a couple tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Return to pot to the heat. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring until cooked thoroughly and soft. Stir in the flour. With a whisk, stir constantly for two minutes. Add the cream and chicken broth. Stir until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chipotle chili puree. Stir until combined. Add corn, potatoes and bacon. Cook until heated through. Serve.